The MOCON Culture is built on our Mission, Vision and Core Values that we live out each day...
To increase the quality and safety of the environment and the products we consume.
We provide unparalleled solutions by developing state-of-the-art test and measurement instruments and services on which our customers can depend.
MOCON Inc. is a global manufacturing company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA with operations in Colorado, Germany, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, and China.
Our Beginnings and Growth
Founded in 1966 with permeation transmission rate instruments as our core business, MOCON has evolved into providing instruments and services for the packaging industry, contract testing, industrial gas testing and microbial detection. MOCON now offers the world’s most comprehensive range of instruments and services for testing, measuring and analyzing with installations in 79 countries, representing 6 continents.
The Permeation Products & Services business unit manufactures instruments to measure permeation transmission rates of :
- Water vapor
- Carbon dioxide
In addition to providing instrumentation, MOCON offers consulting and testing services measuring permeation transmission rates of films, packages, components, and devices for:
- Inert gases
- Organic compounds
Marketed direct within the United States and worldwide through subsidiaries and distributors.
The Package Testing Products and Services business unit is headquartered in Ringsted, Denmark and provides quality control and quality assurance solutions for:
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP)
- Package integrity and leak testing
- Process monitoring and control of gas packaging processes
- Gas mixing and gas analysis
The Package Testing group markets products under the MOCON and Dansensor brands worldwide through subsidiaries, distributors, resellers and OEM’s.
MOCON’s Industrial Analyzer business unit is headquartered in Lyons, Colorado and designs, manufactures, sells, installs and services a range of analyzers and sensors for use in:
- Industrial Hygiene – for detection of hazardous gases in the workplace and indoor air quality
- Energy – for hydrocarbon gas analysis during oil and gas exploration and alternate energy production
- Industrial and Specialty Gas Production – for trace impurity detection and gas analysis
- Environmental Monitoring – for emissions, remediation site, fence lines and atmospheric air quality
- OEM Sensors – for manufacturers of gas detection instrumentation
- Water Quality – for rapid microbial testing of water supplies and treatment
Marketed direct within the United States and through distributors worldwide.
The Microbial Detection Business Unit manufactures instruments for the rapid screening of microbes.
A rapid automatic screening system impacts all industries that require aerobic bacteria detection and counts. This division offers a break through system using a novel oxygen sensing system measuring total bacteria counts, and some specific pathogen counts in 1 -15 hours compared to the traditional 48 hour testing period.
We continue to expand our capabilities of detecting specific pathogens by adding new specific pathogen tests such as Coliforms.
Marketed direct within the United States and worldwide through expert distributors.